Discover the science of the shore, have fun, and earn a scout badge while exploring the habitats of Sandy Hook. The NJSGC is pleased to offer the following programs that combine the wonders of the sea with badge requirements
- NJSGC instructors will conduct all activities for each program reserved. Please consult your Scout Handbook for complete badge descriptions and requirements.
- All cub scout and girl scout badge programs for groups are 2 hours. All scout field trips are 2-hours. These programs cost $120.00 per group (up to 10 participants). Additional scout/participants are $8 each, up to a maximum of 25 participants per group. A non-refundable $50.00 deposit is required to hold your scheduled date once your reservation is confirmed. The remainder of the program fee is due 30 days prior to the program start date.
- Girl Scout Journeys — Brownie Wonders of Water and Junior Moving On — are both four-hour programs. The Daisy Girl Scout Journey, Between Earth and Sky, is a three-hour program. These programs are $180 per group (up to 12 participants). Additional scouts are $8 each, up to a maximum of 25 scouts. A non-refundable $50.00 deposit is required to hold your scheduled date once your reservation is confirmed. The remainder of the program fee is due 30 days prior to the program start date.
- Boy Scout Oceanography is a 4-hour program. Boy Scout Environmental Science is 5 hour program. These programs are $180 per group (up to 12 participants). Additional scouts are $8 each, up to a maximum of 25 scouts. Non-scout participants are not eligible for these programs. A non-refundable $50.00 deposit is required to hold your scheduled date once your reservation is confirmed. The remainder of the program fee is due 30 days prior to the program start date.
- Individual enrollment Oceanography is closed for the Spring 2015. We will be offering the badge again in the fall. You may attempt to register, but your scout will be placed on a waiting list. Individual Enrollment Oceanography and Individual Enrollment Environmental Science are designed for individual scouts, not troops. They are each offered on specific dates, once in the fall, and once in the spring. Please consult the website or the Scout Programs Coordinator at 732-872-1300, ext. 20 for exact dates and times. These programs cost $25.00 per scout, and non-refundable payment is due with once your reservation is confirmed. Non-scout participants are not eligible for these programs.
- Programs accomodate a maximum of 25 scouts per group. Each group will be led by a NJSGC instructor.
- All children in attendance for programs must pay and will be considered participants.
- Except for individual enrollment dates, programs are scheduled at the convenience of the troops, on weekends and after school during the months of September though June. Scheduling is flexible on weekends, but programs cannot start until 10:00 am and must end by 5:00 pm. After-school programs run from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- During the months of June, July, and August, some programs are available during the week and scheduling is flexible, but cannot start until 9:30 am and must end by 5:00 pm. Call for availability.
- NJSGC’s scout badge and field trip programs are available for a maximum of 50 scouts on weekends and after school. We may be able to provide programs for larger groups during the week in summer months or during school vacations.
- All materials and equipment are included for each program. Scouts may wish to bring their own snacks and drinks.
- Troop leaders and adult chaperones may participate in scout programs at no cost. However they will be expected to be of assistance to our instructors.
- Registrations for scout programs will be accepted but the date cannot be considered guaranteed until the $50.00 non-refundable deposit is paid.
- All NJSGC programs take place rain or shine. Programs may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. In the rare event that we must cancel a program, a full refund will be issued. If you must cancel a scheduled program, you must notify us at least one week in advance to reschedule or to receive a refund less your deposit. Cancellations received less than one week prior to the program date cannot be refunded or rescheduled.
- If your troop or den has less than 12 scouts, considering booking a program with another scout group. Siblings and friends may also be invited to participate in NJSGC scout programs at the same rate. We are also happy to teach a smaller group!
Scout Programs: To Reserve A Program
- To book a scout program please click here. You will be asked to provide your top 3 preferred program dates and times (except for the Individual Enrollment programs, whose dates are pre-set.) NJSGC will make all efforts to schedule your program on your preferred date.
- NJSGC will email you regarding availability of the dates. Once a date has been confirmed, you will receive a program reservation invoice from us, which can be paid by mail or by using our online PayPal To pay by mail, please send your check made payable to NJSGC to:
Jody Sackett, Scout Program Coordinator
22 Magruder Road
Fort Hancock, NJ 07732
- Consider reserving a program during a school vacations too! We are open in the summer as well as on many school vacation days such as Teacher’s Convention, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Midwinter Break, and Spring Break.
- For more information please contact Jody Sackett at 732-872-1300, ext. 20, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.