Discover the science of the shore, have fun, and earn a scout badge while exploring the habitats of Sandy Hook. The NJSGC is pleased to offer the following programs that combine the wonders of the sea with badge requirements
- NJSGC instructors will conduct all activities for each program reserved. Please consult your Scout Handbook for complete badge descriptions and requirements.
- All programs last approximately 2hours except the Boy Scout Oceanography and Environmental Science Merit Badges which run approximately 4.5 hours. Programs are typically scheduled on weekends and after school during the months of September through June. . Scheduling is flexible on weekends, but programs cannot start until 10:00 am and must end by 3:30 pm. After school programs run from 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm.
- During the months of June, July, and August, some programs are available during the week and scheduling is flexible, but cannot start until 9:30 am and must end by 3:30 pm.
- NJSGC’s scout programs are available for a maximum of 50 scouts on weekends and after school. We may be able to provide programs for larger groups during the week in summer months or during school vacations.
- Each program is $100.00 per group which accommodates up to 12 participants and includes all program materials. Each additional scout (or non-scout participant) over 20 and up to a maximum of 30 participants per group is an additional cost of $8.50 per participant. All children in attendance must pay and will be considered participants.
- Boy Scout Oceanography and Environmental Science Merit Badge programs are $175 per group (up to 20 participants). Each additional scout over 20 and up to a maximum of 30 scouts is an additional cost of $8.50 per scout. Non-scout participants are not eligible for these programs.
- Troop leaders and adult chaperones may participate in scout programs at no cost. However they will be expected to be of assistance to our instructors.
- The program is considered booked when the fee is paid in full. Specific program dates and times can be requested ahead of time, but selected dates/time cannot be guaranteed until payment is received.
- All NJSGC programs take place rain or shine. Programs may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. In the rare event that we must cancel an event, a refund will be issued. If you must cancel a scheduled program, please notify us at least one week or more in advance and we will either reschedule your program date or issue a refund. Cancellations or rescheduling requests received one week or less prior to the program date cannot be refunded but will be given credit at NJSGC. Credits are valid for one year.
- If your troop or den is under 12 scouts, considering booking a program with another scout group. Siblings and friends may also be invited to participate in NJSGC scout programs at the same rate.
Scout Programs: To Reserve A Program
To book a scout program please click here. For more information please contact Jody Sackett at 732-872-1300, ext. 20, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consider reserving a program during a school vacations too! We are open in the summer as well as many school vacation days such as Teacher’s Convention, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Midwinter Break, and Spring Break. If your scout troop is off from school, it just might be the perfect time to schedule a field trip.