Support the Consortium
In 2020-2021, contributions from donors like you allowed us to:
- Continue supporting marine, coastal, and social science research to help further promote and enhance healthy coastal ecosystems, sustainable fisheries/aquaculture, resilience communities/economies, and environmental literacy/workforce development throughout the Garden State.
- Provide direct instruction to nearly 20,000 schoolchildren from over 30 different legislative districts throughout NJ on a broad range of environmental topics through our diverse, interactive education programs.
- Host major public outreach events, including: Ocean Fun Days, State of the Shore, NJSGC’s annual Favorite Beaches poll/ceremony, and our revamped “Jersey Shore” photo contest.
- Disperse nearly 65,000 NJ Fish and Wildlife marine recreational fishing regulation cards and posters to over 260 marinas throughout the State, from over 24 different legislative districts.
- Influenced more than 100 marinas to have operating pumpout stations (including nine pumpout boats) thanks to NJSGC’s involvement with the New Jersey Clean Vessel Act Program.
And while combating the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021, New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium continues developing several outstanding programs and projects, including:
- Virtual education initiatives appropriate for grades K-12. Taught by experienced environmental education staff, these lively presentations, demonstrations, experiments, and games encourage student interaction on topics designed to excite while meeting educator’s curricular needs, scout leader’s requirements, and/or families’ interests.
- A new COVID-19 rapid response opportunity (led by NJSGC’s Aquaculture Program Coordinator Lisa Calvo) that helps support oyster farmers, promote habitat restoration, and advocate local seafood sales.
- For the first time in 17 years, NJSGC and its partners hosted a virtual Ocean Fun Days event. Online video presentations, teacher/parent resources, and other printout activities from over 25 exhibitors provided eco-friendly fun focused on ocean discovery, coastal stewardship, and energy conservation.
- In partnership with New York Sea Grant, NJSGC created a BEach SAFEly campaign to remind beachgoers to stay safe while still having fun at the Jersey Shore (and beyond).
- And much more to come in 2022!
Despite such trying times, we hope you choose to help so that we can continue our mission to promote the wise use of New Jersey’s marine and coastal resources through research, education, and outreach. To make a year-end, tax-deductible contribution to NJSGC for 2021, please click HERE.