Support the Consortium
In 2021-2022, contributions from important donors like you allowed us to:
- Continue funding ocean, climate, and social science research to further promote sustainable fisheries and aquaculture, enhance healthy coastal ecosystems, and create a environmental literate workforce throughout the Garden State.
- Provided nearly 20,000 schoolchildren from over 30 different legislative districts the opportunity to experience unique hands-on experiential learning through our robust education programs.
- Disperse nearly 65,000 NJ Fish and Wildlife marine recreational fishing regulation cards and posters to over 260 marinas throughout the State, from over 24 different legislative districts.
- Influenced more than 150 marinas to have operating pumpout stations (including nine pumpout boats) thanks to NJSGC’s involvement with the New Jersey Clean Vessel Act Program.
We’re looking forward to the bright future ahead of the Consortium as we move forward into our 54th year. In 2022 NJSGC not only continued, but also created several new outstanding programs and projects, including:
- Piloting a novel Aquaculture Student Apprenticeship Program to provide students with an understanding of shellfish aquaculture to create a foundation for a career in the emerging field of shellfish farming.
- Hosted major public outreach events, including: Ocean Fun Days, State of the Shore, NJSGC’s annual Favorite Beaches ceremony, and our revamped “Jersey Shore” photo contest.
- Created a new feature section in the COASTodian Newsletter called “Research Spotlight” focusing on NJSGC’s groundbreaking and innovative coastal, ocean, and climate research.
- Hosted a Professional Development Workshop intended for elementary school teachers looking to build confidence in teaching climate science in their classrooms.
- And much more to come in 2023!
With your support we can continue to work hard to promote the wise use of New Jersey’s marine and coastal resources through research, education, and outreach. The New Year is just around the corner. Can we count on you to support our mission to steward New Jersey’s marine and coastal environment? To make a year-end, tax-deductible contribution to NJSGC for 2022, please click HERE or kindly address your contribution to:
Deborah Meehan Quinn
New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium
22 Magruder Road
Fort Hancock, NJ 07732
Please click on the “Donate” button above to process your secure on-line payment via PayPal.