Request for Proposals: Biennial Research Competition
The purpose of this solicitation is to invite research proposals for the upcoming NJSGC’s omnibus grant period that best reflect the current science and policy needs of New Jersey’s stakeholders, coast, estuaries, and watersheds. Original, innovative proposals that target the research priorities and principles described below are welcomed. NJSGC is interested in funding proposals from all qualified investigators, particularly those from institutions with a history of under-funding from Sea Grant and/or from under-represented populations that:
• Engage and support students and promote workforce development.
• Demonstrate an integrated approach to research, outreach, and engagement.
• Engage NJSGC’s extension, communications, and/or education professionals to support the transition of applied research into useful applications that address the needs of New Jersey’s coastal residents and stakeholders.
• Involve stakeholders and end-users throughout all phases of the project, including identifying need and the statement of the problem at the pre-proposal stage.
• Strive to contribute to increased STEM literacy, greater stewardship, and the ideals of diversity and inclusion.
Funding Period: February 1, 2024 – January 31, 2026
Application Deadlines: Letters of Intent due May 2, 2023, by 11:59 pm ET , Full Proposals due June 20, 2023, by 11:59 pm ET
For this solicitation, NJSGC anticipates funding:
• Up to eight (8) proposals with a maximum budget of $70,000 per year for two (2) years.
• Up to seven (7) proposals with a maximum budget of $20,000 per year for two (2) years.
• Total funding available combined is up to $560,000 per year for two (2) years.
• Proposals will be reviewed as two separate groups according to funding requested.
To view the proposal please click here or download the PDF. For general submission questions: Ms. Lisa Aromando, Sea Grant Program Associate, 732-872-1300, ext. 10, [email protected]. For questions on collaborations, priorities, evaluation criteria, data management: Dr. Peter Rowe, Executive Director, Director of Research and Extension, 732-872-1300, x 31, [email protected].