ANNOUNCEMENT! New Jersey Sea Grant Debuts 2019 “Jersey Shore” Photo Contest
NJSGC’s “Jersey Shore” Photo Contest
New Jersey boasts some of the most picturesque beaches along the East Coast. If you have a great shot that celebrates and embraces the natural elements of the Garden State’s beautiful coastline, submit the image to NJSGC’s revamped “Favorite Beaches of the Jersey Shore” photo contest! Ultimately, the top twelve photos will be used to create New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium’s annual desktop calendar.
About the Contest:
New Jersey Sea Grant’s graphic design team will select 24 photos from all entries received up until June 1st. Those finalists will then be posted on the NJSGC website where visitors can vote for their favorite throughout the month leading up to the July Fourth holiday.
New Jersey’s “Favorite Beaches” Photo Contest Submission Guidelines:
(If your submission does not meet the following guidelines, it will not be considered)
- One (1) photo submission per person, please.
- Entries should be submitted as an attachment via email to [email protected]
- The email entry must include: name, current hometown, contact information (phone and email) and a title or name for the image.
- Photo files must be .JPG format and a minimum of 300 DPI saved at quality setting of “10” or higher and 8 ½” for longest side
- Images should be horizontal (landscape)
- Entries will be accepted until 9 pm (EST) on June 1st, 2019
- Submit only your own original work
- Stick to the contest theme: The Natural Elements of New Jersey Beaches. We welcome both traditional and innovative approaches to this subject
- Photos should be appropriate for a general audience. Explicit content is expressly prohibited
- Post-processing and digital manipulation is not allowed, but minor adjustments to contrast, subtle burning, and dodging are acceptable since some images need minor adjustments due to scanning process or camera settings
- All entries become the property of NJSGC and may be used by the organization for other educational or marketing materials (the twelve finalists will receive an additional waiver for signature prior to publication of the calendar)
- By submitting your photo to this contest, you grant NJSGC permission to publicly display, reproduce, and use the photographs in all manner and media for any and all purposes, including related promotional purposes, in perpetuity. However, you will retain the copyright to your photo and NJSGC will not sell your photo. You also warrant that the photo is your original work and does not violate the copyright or any other personal or property right of any third party, and that you may be required to and can obtain any and all releases and permissions necessary for its use in the production of our calendar, including releases for any recognizable faces, unless they are incidental to a larger scene (e.g., a group of sunbathers on the beach)
To celebrate NJSGC’s “Favorite Beaches” contest in 2019, we’ll be announcing the Top 12 photos that received the most votes right before the July Fourth holiday. These images will be used to create the 2020 NJSGC downloadable desktop calendar, which will also feature useful coastal facts and information that will help locals and visitors learn more about and appreciate the Jersey Shore. The twelve finalists will receive an additional waiver for signature prior to publication of the calendar.