Program Development Grants
Request for Program Development Grant Proposals for 2016
New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium (NJSGC) has Program Development funds available for 2016 to support research initiatives that can later form the basis of future competitive proposals. It is anticipated that two (2) projects will be awarded in this cycle. All Program Development Grant Proposals must address at least one of the following NJSGC Programmatic Focus Areas:
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems Sustainable Coastal Development
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
Please review our Research Relevancy Priorities and Strategic Plan for more information.
To apply please submit electronically:
- Standard Sea Grant Pre-Proposal Cover Page with institutional signatures.
- A proposal narrative no longer than two pages outlining the Statement of the Problem, Objectives, Methodology, Expected Results and Rationale (including relevance to focus area and prospects for future research). Use 1” margins, and 12 pt. Times New Roman (or similar) font. Literature Citation does not count toward two page limit.
- An outreach narrative no longer than one page outlining Extension Objectives, Student Involvement, and Data Sharing Plan. Use 1” margins, and 12 pt. font.
- 90-4 Budget Form and budget justification on separate page.
- CV not to exceed 2 pages for Principal Investigator (PI) and co-PI if appropriate.
Budget should not exceed $5,000 from Sea Grant for any one project. NJSGC will fund ship time if integral to work proposed and will only fund the purchase of equipment if it supports new directions in ongoing research. Institutions must provide nonfederal Matching Funds equal to 1 dollar for every 2 dollars requested from Sea Grant. Indirect Cost Rate limited to 10% for Sea Grant dollars. Applications are due by 5 p.m. 25 April 2016.
Awards are for one year with a start date of 1 May 2016.
For any questions, please contact Dr. Peter M. Rowe at 732-872-1300 x 31 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your proposal electronically as a single PDF file to Lisa Aromando at email@example.com (732-872-1300 x 10) and Dr. Peter M. Rowe.
New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium – 22 Magruder Road – Fort Hancock, NJ 07732