Program Development Grants
The following information refers to a previous grant program and is provided as reference only.
Please check back for new deadline dates.
The New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium (NJSGC) has Program Development funds available for 2012 to support research initiatives that can later form the basis of future competitive proposals. It is anticipated that two (2) projects will be awarded in this cycle. All Program Development Grant Proposals must address at least one of the following NJSGC Programmatic Focus Areas:
- Sustainable Coastal Development
- Safe and Sustainable Seafood Supply (Fisheries, Aquaculture, Seafood Technology)
- Hazard Resilience in Coastal Communities
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
Please review our Research Relevancy Priorities and Strategic Plan for more information.
To apply please submit electronically:
- Standard Sea Grant Pre-Proposal Cover Pagewith institutional signatures.
- Proposal narrative no longer than two pages outlining the Statement of the Problem, Objectives, Methodology, Expected Results and Rationale (including relevance to focus area and prospects for future research). Use 1″ margins, and 12 pt. font. Literature Citation does not count toward two page limit.
- 90-4 Budget Form with budget justification on separate page.
- CV not to exceed 2 pages for Principal Investigator (PI) and co-PI if appropriate.
Budget should not exceed $5,000 from Sea Grant for any one project. NJSGC will fund ship time if integral to work proposed, but will only fund the purchase of equipment if it supports new directions in ongoing research. Institutions must provide nonfederal Matching Funds equal to 1 dollar for every 2 dollars from Sea Grant requested. Indirect Cost Rate limited to 10% of Sea Grant dollars.
For any questions, please contact Peter Rowe at 732-872-1300 x 31.
Please submit your proposal electronically as a single PDF file to Diana Burich.